DELA CALL BASES ART AL VENT XV
ART AL VENT XV
The Department of Culture of the City of Gata de Gorgos and Experimental Plastic School A. Vives organize XV Exhibition ART TO VENT
1. This exhibition is open to all artists, without any limitation of age, nationality, gender or education. Participation can be individual or collective. The August 14, 2018 will open the new edition ART AL VENT XV
2. The works should follow the principles of this disclosure; they are an interpretation of traditional quilts that have been used through the centuries to decorate the balconies of Gata de Gorgos.
3. The concept is basically a reflection on the textile world. The fabric, once completed, should be able to be bent and flexible wind effects. Excluded rigid elements or providing the fabrics remain engaged during their exhibition on the street.
4. The works will be excluded if:
- They are too heavy.
- Have excessive dominance of painting or sculpture.
- Can not be easily folded.
- They have elements that are easily released.
- They are too bulky
- The materials used fade in the rain or the sun.
5. Accepten totes them tècniques, seguint principis abans mencionats els, but amb subjecció to them consideracions següents:
- All works will be exhibited in the open, with all weather conditions.
- The fabric can be cut, dyed or made with different materials which can be glued or sewn preferably (not bulky and suitable for textile concept); but the dimensions of the canvas can not be cut or exte
- If paint is used, it is applied directly onto the canvas without any primer and very dissolved in water or solvent.
6. Participants fabric, preferably unbleached cotton canvas in any case the cloth on which the work must be carried out necessarily conform to the characteristics given in the accompanying drawing be sought. The length of the strips will be 44 cm by 1.5 cm wide. It will result in expulsion not respecting these features applied to the canvas. The works are placed vertically from a balcony.
Modelo de la Tela
7. The authors must complete and submit via our registration form, registration and acceptance of the conditions of ART AL VENT XV with their respective telematics authorization (signature). The last day to submit the registration will be January 8, 2018.
8. Authors must fill out and send through our registration form registration and acceptance of the rules of ART AL VENT XV this acceptance will be accompanied by his signature.
The request can be found at the following website:www.artalvent.com
9. Before February 25, 2018 the participants sent to the following address: email@example.com specifying PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THE JURY TO ART AL VENT XV. They must submit two photographs only: A photograph of all the work and showing a detail of it.
VERY IMPORTANT: the quality of the pictures is good to facilitate the jury's decision.
Also the technical data required must be sent by email. These are:
the computer name or authors
- Work title
- Complete address and phone.
- Postal Code.
- Website and / or email address.
Lala de Dios
From Madrid, Graduate in History of Art from la Universidad Complutense. Founder in 1981 of “Indigo Estudio Textil” where she is dedicated to the teaching, designing and production of textile fabrics and consultations. She has formed part of many juries in both national and International exhibitions like the IV Bueback of textile art of World Textile Art, san José de Costa Rica (2006) or the
II I III Biennal Internacional d’Art Tèxtil contemporani in Guimaraës, Portugal (2014 and 2016). Co-founder of the Asociacion de creadores textiles in Madrid and its president from 1997 to 2013. President of the European Textile Net , ETN.
Head of department “Claves del discurso artístico contemporáneo” in Universidad Politécnica de València. Prize Espais a la Crítica d’Art (1991 and 1996) and V Premio de Ensayo y Crítica de Artes AMUCA (2007). Comisary del Pabellón Espanñol de la 48ª Biennal de Venècia (1999). Of his books, the most important are: La mirada contra la Historia (1995), Femenino, Plural. Reflexiones desde la diversidad (1996), Del arte impuro. Entre lo público y lo privado (1997), Malas artes. Experiencia estética y legitimación institucional (2003), La certeza vulnerable. Cuerpo y fotografía en el siglo XXI (2004), Sin marco: arte y actitud en Juan Hidalgo, Isidoro Valcárcel Medina y Esther Ferrer (2008),Dicho y hecho. Textos de artista y teoría del arte (2012), Fuera de campo. Leer el espacio desde las artes(2014) and Leer lo no vivido (2016).
Doctor of Fine Arts at Universitat Politècnica de València, she is a teacher of Dibujo y Color en la Escuela de Arte y Superior de Diseño de València, of the speciality Fashion Design and the Official Masters Fashion Co-Design and Sustainability. Her teaching activities complement her artistic production in which drawing, calligraphy and public space are substantial elements of her personal poetics. She is the coordinator and the co-author of the book El papel de la falda (2015) and of more than 20 articles about design, fashion and drawing published in specialist magazines. She is responsible for the Linea de Investigacion Moda Contemporanea: Los Modelos y el Contexto, of the Instituto Superior de las Enseñanzas Artísticas. She exhibits her work in museums, public and private collections and public spaces.
Part of the jury without voting Councilwoman culture Àngels Soler and plastic master Escola Experimental A. Vives, P. Josep Ginestar, who in turn will act as secretary of this jury. Resolutions shall be adopted after appropriate discussions by simple majority. Those selected will be alerted by email to proceed to send their works.
10. In March 31, 2018, the jury's verdict will be communicated to participants. The selected authors must submit their work by May 20, 2018.
In the upper back of the fabric the author's name, the title and web site or email electrónico- This requirement it is very important to appear.
Jobs are sent correctly folded. Laminated fabrics will not be accepted.
The works will be sent by the authors to the following address: Coordinació d'Art to Vent. City of Gata de Gorgos. C / 3-03740 d'Almodóvar Duquessa Gata de Gorgos.
11. The catalog will be released in four colors on paper. Each participant will receive the catalog in PDF format by email. If participants want to receive the original paper catalog will indicate what the organization via email firstname.lastname@example.org 5 copies will be sent by author previously paying the postage.
12. Those who want a participation certificate may apply to the following address email@example.com from the end of the exhibition in Gata request specifying your name, year of the call and title of his work.
13. Once the exhibition circuit has finished, the works will be sent back to their authors for FREE to all those who requested so in the registration form, along with a copy of the catalogue. This means that the return of the fabrics must be specifically requested at the time of registration. The works not claimed by the authors, will become part of Gata de Gorgos Town Hall.
14. Since the opening of the exhibition until the work is returned to the authors, the rights to use the works will be the City; that means their custody, management, dissemination and promotion
15. El Ayuntamiento y la Organización no se hacen responsables de la posible degradación o daños a causa de los efectos climáticos o robos quedando libres de dar ninguna indemnización.
16. Artists do not receive prize money for participating in the ART AL VENT XV.
17. The opening will be on August 14, 2018 at 19:30 h. in the city of Gata.
18. Participation implies acceptance of these rules. The jury's decision is final.